The YMCA is pleased to work in coordination with the Watertown City School District to provide a full day Pre-K option for both 3 and 4-year-olds.
The full-day Pre-K program is located at the YMCA Daycare, 514 Washington St.
And at Wiley Elementary.
Both programs follow the Watertown City School District calendar.
To apply for either of these programs you need to go to www.watertowncsd.org and click on Registration.
Through our Pre-K programs, we are responding to the complex needs of today’s families and acting upon our commitment to kids, families, and communities. We believe that daily practice and interaction with children must reflect the YMCA goals for child care:
- To offer a safe, caring, and fun environment for all children
- To support and strengthen the family unit
- To develop new skills
- To have fun!
YMCA programs provide opportunities for children to develop and grow as they learn through socialization, exploration, choice and creative play.
YMCA Pre-K will develop and maintain an environment for positive learning experiences which will encourage children to grow socially, emotionally and physically using lessons based on our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
PRE-K PROGRAM FEATURES
· Program hours are 8:00-1:00
· Classroom lead by a NYS Certified Teacher
· Lessons planned based on Creative Curriculum and Pre-Kindergarten Foundation for the Common Core
· Nutritious meals prepared to state guidelines
· MAT, CPR, and First Aid trained staff on site at all times
· Highly qualified and trained staff
· Participate with CCA and DSS to provide high quality before and after care (Daycare location only)
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRE-K PROGRAMS
Elizabeth Harris, Daycare Director
514 Washington Street
Phone: (315) 755-1208
Fax (315) 755-1212